Welcome to "De Zonnewijzerkring"
(Netherlands' Sundial Society)
The Society promotes the advancement of gnomonics and the dissemination of knowledge on the construction and functioning of sundials and related instruments.
The activities of the Netherlands' Sundial Society include:
- the publication of the triannual journal ZON & TIJD with a wide range of articles in Dutch. It usually comprises 30-40 pages in full color. It is available on paper as well as in digital form. It has an English summary of the contents;
- three meetings annually in a central location. It will start with an invited lecture aimed at the general public, followed by an informal section, in which all members can present projects and findings, and discuss gnomonic matters;
- an annual day trip in the summer, in which we visit interesting sundials;
- an introductory gnomonics course, using a guided self-study method;
- providing advice on the design, construction and restoration of sundials;
- recording unique sundials in the country;
- maintaining contact with sister organizations abroad, exchanging journals.